RESERVATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We accept payment using all major credit cards and by direct deposit. Payments must be received in full prior to the check-in date or access to the apartment may not be provided. All transactions are processed in Australian dollars AUD.
Credit Card Surcharges
When making payment using a credit card/debit card, a surcharge on the total rental amount applies:
- Visa or Master Card 2%
- American Express 4%
Refund and Cancellation Policy
When cancelling your apartment booking completely, cancellation fees are as per the following schedule, plus $250 administration fee per booking:
Cancellation Rates & Periods:
- Over 30 days before arrival date – 75% refund
- 15 -30 days before arrival date – 50% refund
- 0 -14 days before arrival date – no refund
Booking Amendments and Extensions
Once your booking is confirmed we require a minimum of 14 days written notice for any amendments.
Reductions: If you want to reduce your rental period, you must provide 14 days written notice plus $250 administration fee per booking would be charged. This means that your rental will be payable from the date you have provided notice for a further 14 nights. If you reduce your rental period without 14 days notice you will be charged up to 2 weeks rent. As the rental rate was quoted according to the original entire rental period, the rate will then be adjusted from day one to the applicable rate for the shortened period.
For longer-term rental 3 months or above, a minimum of 21 days written notice must be given. Any pre-paid amount is forfeited and a breakage fee up to 4 weeks rent may apply.
Extensions: A minimum of 14 days written notice must be given for any extension requests and is subject to availability at the time of enquiry. Extensions are at the discretion of the Agent and no guarantee is given that an extension will be granted.
Other: In the rare case that the apartment you have reserved is not able to honor your reservation, we will endeavor to offer you an alternative apartment of comparable price and standard. If this occurs, we will contact you and request your authorization to proceed with this new booking. If you decline the alternative, and you were already charged for the original booking, a full refund will be given to you. Sydney Short term rentals will describe the premises and location to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misrepresentation can be accepted.
Security deposit is mandatory for all bookings and is fully refundable after check out if the property is left in a reasonably clean and fair condition. It has to be collected before accommodation commenced. The amount is equivalent to 1-4 weeks rent depending on the duration of stay. Typically 1 week’s rent amount for any stay less than 1 month, 2 weeks rent amount for stay up to 2 months, 3 weeks rent amount for stay up to 3 months, and up to 4 weeks rent amount for stay 3+ months stays. As we do not store client’s financial details in record, it is the guests responsibility to provide us with nominated bank details for refund to be processed after they checked out.
Holding deposit is NON-refundable if the applicants change their minds. It is NOT a standard charge for all bookings. It typically only applies to long term rental booking (3 months+). Holding deposit will only be charged if we specify at the time of booking.
Apartment Rental Conditions
The information about the apartments listed on this website are subject to change at any time and are indications only. Rental rates vary depending on how long you are staying. Rates are reduced for longer stays. The Christmas, New Year and peak seasons rates are not listed on the website, so please send your inquiry through to us, and our booking consultants will respond with the availability details and rates.
To book an apartment or check availability, you may contact our reservations call centre on phone +61 451 810 427 (Phone) or mobile 0451 810 427 or email info@Sydneyshorttermrentals.com.au with your details. Bookings are confirmed following receipt of your rental payment. Accommodation is paid for in advance. For stays of up to 2 months, the amount payable is due in full. For stays longer than 2 months, payments can be made in installments. In the rare case that your choice of the apartment is not available, Sydney Short term rentals reserves the right to provide alternative accommodation of a similar standard.
Pictures of apartments shown may vary and are captured to best describe the apartment or of similar standard.
GST applies to all apartment bookings and is levied by the Commonwealth Government.
Your allocated Guest Manager will meet you at the property with the keys within working hours for check-in. Please call their mobile numbers on the booking confirmation 2 days before your arrival to make arrangements for the key collection. Please read your rental agreement for contact details. Tenant is only entitled to one set of key for access. Any second key requested is subject to availability and would attract another $200 security bond (on top of the standard security deposit stated on invoice) that is fully refundable if keys are returned in a timely manner.
Check-in time is 3pm and check-out time is 10am unless alternative arrangements have been made with your Guest Manager. For very early arrivals, we suggest booking from the night before to secure an early check-in.
– It is the responsibility of every guest to read and abide by these terms and conditions.
– It is the responsibility of all guests to report any issue with the property to the Guest Manager. This includes any disturbance, damage, loss or any criminal matter relating to the property.
– Apartments are to be used only for accommodation. Parties or commercial use is strictly prohibited.
– All damages and breakages payable.
– The number of tenants must not exceed the maximum number allowed and listed on your booking confirmation. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate, with no refund made.
– All apartments are privately owned, please respect this and do not move furniture around.
– Guests should show respect and care for the property and ensure doors and windows are locked when vacated.
– Guests are expected to keep the property at an acceptable level of cleanliness that would be considered acceptable to an average person. Any unacceptable damage resulting from poor cleanliness will be charged to the guest. If cleaners are required to make additional charges these will also be passed on to the guest.
– A departure cleaning fee is payable.
– Please consider other tenants and the neighbourhood at all times. Remember that your accommodation is in a residential apartment block. Please keep your noise level or any disturbance to a minimum.
– Majority of our properties are situated in an apartment complex and managed by various parties. There are regular checkup works and routine inspections happen throughout the year. It is a condition of stay for all tenants to cooperate and give access when necessary.
– Pets are not allowed in majority of our properties, please make enquiry for special request.
Departure Cleaning Fee
A departure cleaning fee is payable on each booking.
We are happy to organise extra weekly or fortnightly service cleaning for you. Please consult your booking consultant regarding this.
Our apartments offer a non-smoking environment, should you smoke you will be charged $200 + GST for cleaning and deodorising.
Damages and Breakages
A security deposit is required with all properties rental. Breakages or damage to the apartment resulting from your occupancy will be paid for by the guest. In the event of damages incurred by you or your visitors to the apartment, the security deposit we held or the credit card details you provided will be deducted with a charge in accordance with the damages and a receipt will be forwarded to your nominated email address.
Phone and Internet Access
Prepaid local SIM cards can be purchased from Australia Post outlets, major supermarkets or any mobile phone outlet shop, which should be usable in your current mobile phone.
Most of our apartments provide WIFI for short term stay. Portable pocket WIFI can also be purchased at major Internet service providers.
Due to the rapid rising electricity costs, we reserve the right to charge guests for excessive utilities should they use more than normal consumption. For long-term leases, guests may be responsible for all gas, electricity ad internet bills (this will be negotiated at the time of booking as it will depend on the rental rate quoted).